SIIAEC Conference 2023: “The Decline of Global Ethics”
- Date: 8th-10th December 2023.
- Venue: Centrum Salvator, Jakubovo Nám. 4-5, 811 09 Bratislava, Slovakia
- Motivation: The end of the cold war seemed to open a period of global relationships based on international law, economic interdependencies, treaties and last not least the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights” (UDHR). This was guided by a conception of man including human dignity in a democratic environment guaranteeing the separation of state and religion.
Recently, this concept turned out to be a theory and utopia that has largely collapsed. We are observing the massive occurrence of hot wars, detestable violence and the unscrupulous practices of neo-colonialism.
Challenging questions are therefore, how conflict settlement can be achieved, mediation launched, human rights and security re-established, and what role peacekeeping organizations and interfaith dialogue may play.
- Programme: see attachment
- Language: English
- Past SIIAEC-Conferences:
online 2021 “Ethical Action: COVID Affecting Human Rights and Democracy” (https://www.icmica-miic.org/2021/03/siiaec-conference-2021/).
- Organizing Committee:
Wolfgang Kautek (President)
Pawel Broszkowski (Vice-President)
Ille Gebeshuber (Executive Board)
Barbara Mayrhofer (Treasurer)
Theo Quendler (Executive Board)
Wolfgang Spitaler (Executive Board)
Klaus Weichselbaum (Executive Board)
Annemarie Weinzettl (Executive Board)
- Registration: kindly, fill the attached form by email as soon as possible (deadline September 1, 2023)